National 5 Dance
This is a new National qualification which provides the link from NPA into Higher. National 5 can be taught as a one or two year course depending on prior learning.
- Pupils will all complete a more in depth technical study, (learn technique and perform), in two out of the four listed dance genres:
- Pupils will be examined externally performing one of their two chosen techniques
- Pupils will study Choreography specific to one genre in more detail than above and devise a portfolio of research
- Pupils will Choreograph at least a one and a half minute piece for two dancers based on a theme of choice
- Pupils will reflect on their own performance and the success of their choreography