From National 5, pupils will embark on a one or a two year Dance Higher.
- Pupils will complete an in depth study of two chosen techniques, demonstrating physical competency and an understanding of the history and execution of the technique.
- Pupils will perform set exercises and a tutor choreographed dances for an external examiner.
- Pupils will be required to choreograph a dance which lasts longer than two minutes for more than two people, applying all appropriate principles of choreography on a chosen theme.
- Pupils will reflect on professional choreography
- Pupils will keep a portfolio of all work as a record of their learning, this will be presented to an external examiner
- Pupils will reflect on their own physical strengths and weaknesses in performance
Higher Dance Practice Resources
Click the link below to watch videos in relation to Higher Dance – Jazz
Click the link below to watch videos in relation to Higher Dance – Contemporary
Click the link below to watch videos in relation to Higher Dance – Classical