Numeracy is a vital skill that is important in everyday life. It is about being confident when solving problems, making decisions and analysing situations that involve numbers. Numeracy is key to lifelong learning, e.g. it enables a young person to understand scientific concepts, interpret figures, understand cause and effect etc.
Denny High School Resources
Numeracy Support Videos
Please visit our YouTube channel to see our expanding range of numeracy support videos for pupils, teachers and parents.
Basic Skills Booklets
- Basic Skills Level 1 Developing / Basic Skills Level 1 Consolidating
- Basic Skills Level 2 Developing / Basic Skills Level 2 Consolidating
- Basic Skills Level 3 Developing / Basic Skills Level 3 Consolidating
Mental Agility Booklets
- Mental Agility Level 1 Developing / Mental Agility Level 1 Consolidating
- Mental Agility Level 2 Developing / Mental Agility Level 2 Consolidating
- Mental Agility Level 3 Developing / Mental Agility Level 3 Consolidating
External Resources and Links
Supporting Numeracy at Home
Learning doesn’t just take place in the classroom, it can happen anywhere. Follow the link to the Parentzone Scotland website from Education Scotland to see how you could help your child further develop their numeracy skills at home.
Support for Parents and Adult Learners
Did you know that many adults in Scotland have difficultly reading, writing or using numbers? That’s why Skills Development Scotland introduced The Big Plus campaign. Follow this link to find out more about the support available. Young people and adults alike can benefit from using the on-line games developed by The Big Plus tutors to improve their confidence with reading, wring and using numbers.