Within Home Economics at Denny High School our main focus is to raise achievement and ensure that all learners are better prepared for learning, life and work. We aim to inspire, motivate and challenge; providing opportunities for all learners by encouraging pupils to make responsible choices and develop practical skills to achieve a healthy lifestyle.
Courses on offer within the department include:
- S1 – S3 Home Economics
- National and Higher Health and Food Technology
- National Hospitality and Practical Cookery
- National Cake Craft
- Develops problem solving skills, organisation, communication, working independently and as part of a team; all fundamental skills in the workplace.
- Encourages enjoyment in HE through the delivery of a wide range of culinary activities.
- Promotes the importance of adopting a healthy lifestyle and highlights the benefits of a balanced diet on the body and mind.
- Provides extensive extra-curricular opportunities for pupils to pursue their interests in cooking and hospitality.
- Enables pupils to work independently and as part of a team in a variety of activities to develop their interpersonal skills.
The HE Team